Healthwatch Barnet is here to help local people get the best out of their health and social care services. Our vision is that Barnet residents can contribute to the development of quality health and social care services in Barnet.
Healthwatch Barnet will run, co-ordinate and support events, projects and activities. It will gather information and feedback from patients and service-users.
Staff attend the Barnet Health and Wellbeing Board, Barnet Clinical Commissioning Group Board, hospital committee meetings and barnet Council events as well as volunteers who will support this information gathering.
Through all these meetings, Healthwatch Barnet staff and volunteers will represent the experiences and views of patients and service-users.
Through this, Healthwatch Barnet will:
- be a strong, local citizen voice, making a difference to health and social care provision for the people of Barnet.
- provide ways for people’s experiences and views to be heard from all communities, including those that are seldom listened to.
- carry out excellent public engagement.
- gather and analyse meaningful and robust local data and evidence and to present to the people that make decisions about health and social care services.
- challenge service providers and commissioners so that the people in Barnet have timely and good quality information and advice.
The funding for Healthwatch comes from the Department of Health to each local council. Barnet Council deliver the Healthwatch contract. Healthwatch Barnet staff are employed by Community Barnet.